Only Remembered for the Good you have done

You remember the story I told you about the Unique motorcyclist/ "Okada man" who taught us some lessons in the last post? (If you didn't read it, please go to the last  post - Be Different. There's a lot to learn!). 

As I was returning from work last week, as usual, the bikes in the bikes' bay were overflowing as each okada man was calling forth customers for patronage.

As I was approaching, other okada men  were backing me, with their heads turned to the back to call for customers, but I discovered another different posture- an okada man and his bike were facing those coming up. Voila! It was my Unique Okada man. I didn't hesitate to hop in and the journey began.

So, I commended him for his Uniqueness and in my usual manner (when I find you interesting), I wanted to initiate a conversation. But there was a problem- I couldn't communicate in the language he could understand. He's the "Ba Turenchi" kind of Hausa man. I felt bad for staying in Hausa land for over a year but couldn't learn the language... Too bad!

Nonetheless, I learnt some new lessons which I would like to share with you, if you don't mind:

1. You will be remembered and recognized for your past actions, but please, ensure that they're good. If not, you will lose friends and customers because it's in human to relate with you today and tommorow on the basis of your response (and Relationship) with them yesterday.

2. When you admire something about someone, let them know about it. Put away that spirit of waiting till someone is departed (either from your area or in death) before you compliment them. You'd never know how powerful that simple compliment can be until you say it and the person appreciates you for your kind words that came in their down times (unknown to you). Be a person's cheerleader today!

3. Learn whatever you can when you have the opportunity to do so; you would never know how Relevant it will be in the future to your life, business/career, Relationship etc- serious or unserious matters. Just try to develop interest and learn it. However, this doesn't mean that you should lose focus in life. Be focused, but ever learning.

4. Live life one step at a time! When you put in the efforts you should in addition to innovation, trusting God every step on the way, He makes life Easy and sweet!

Feel free to drop a comment on what you would want us to learn from you also.

P.S: I can't wait for this pandemic to be over so that I can see those your smiles again, uncovered by mask.

Esther Best Onyekachukwu
#Estyposh

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Nice one, Ma Esty Posh. I really appreciate your post. Thanks a lot and keep up with the good work

    ReplyDelete