ANGER Lessons From The Rain Experience

Let me share an experience with you...

The clouds have been "pregnant" for rain since evening. I almost didn't want to go out as I planned to earlier on, but I just ignored the weather and left. I came back before 8:00pm but the rain hadn't dropped yet. So, I even forgot about it...

Just some minutes later, I heard a sudden, heavy sound from the drops of the down pour. I was flabbergasted... And just like 5 minutes later, the rain stopped.
I was thinking, like what kind of rain is this?

And then, I got some life lessons from this experience...

It's about ANGER.
ANGER

What do we have to learn about anger from this experience I just shared?

How may of us have been angry here? Yeah, Everyone of us at one point or another have been. But some kinda have more temperamental issues than others🙂 . Some others have overcome it... Still others are working on theirs to overcome it.

Have you ever annoyed someone that never reacted? Like, he/she just did like nothing happened.

Some of us will overlook that wrong we did and may not even see the need to apologise. We just continue life as usual. That was the same thing that I did when I saw the clouds warning me of the heavy rain and I just continued with my activities.

Lesson:
When you annoy People, they may not look offended but never look away from that. Ensure you make peace and use something good to cover up for your bad attitude. It's called making deposits in the person's emotional bank account. Never overlook a person's emotions, no matter his or her silence at the initial time. It can be like a time-bomb waiting to explode at any given time.

Many of us have fallen into this trap... You got someone offended carelessly, and that became the end of the relationship. Some people are not bold enough to tell you of your misbehaviours, possibly because of their previous experiences whereby they corrected someone and he/she took offence. Or they just don't like talking to people about their flaws and mistakes.

Let me tell you, this is how people of influence behave. They hardly tell you your fault many times; they just decide on a change of attitude towards you. And no matter how many times you seek to know what you did wrong, you'd never know.
You may even ignorantly say, "Is it because of this small thing?" when you eventually discover what really caused the relationship. Little things matter to people.
Value your relationships, especially with people ahead of you, (who may be quiet).

The rain started falling suddenly and after about 5 minutes, it stopped.

Lesson:
Your anger should be quick to quench. You wanna shout about something, do so and let go. Don't hold unto something  for life. Do you have unforgiveness as a weakness? Work on it immediately so that it doesn't hold you down.
Be angry but don't sin. Don't let the sun go down on your anger and give no opportunity to the devil. I used to have anger issues but I prayed about it and now I hardly ever get offended Does it mean that i don't get angry sometimes and react? I do! But once I'm done talking about it I forget almost immediately!
As Leaders, it's better to be responsive than reactive! Respond to things before they become problems. That way, you prevent it. Don't be the type that is predictable
They say, "Oh, she will get angry now", and you like a robot, you flare up immediately. Let your life be governed by your spirit and logical reasoning more than your feelings. Be angry, but it shouldn't last forever.

The End!!!

May the Lord help our hearts to be quick to forgive and slow to anger.

Thank you!

Esther Best Nwachukwu

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Lord help to be slow to anger.

    Thank you Esther for these

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I see it, being angry is not the problem. But how you deal with it. Do you let it drag for long? Or do you get angry but sin not.
    Thank you Esther for sharing these lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Chisom. Things will sometimes even be intentionally targeted towards getting you angry. It's how you react to it that matters. Our responses to things, not just anger should be a reflection of who we are and not who others want us to be by what they do to us. They are only reflecting who they are.
    Thank you Esther for this lovely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this, I need to work on it and stop being quick to anger and more quick to forgive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this Esther. I learnt a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your wonderful comments

    ReplyDelete