Be Different

Be Different
Uniqueness:


One of the days, I was coming back from work and something interesting happened. As I was approaching the motorcycles (Okada) bay, many of the Okada men were beckoning on me to join their motorcycles. 

I was somewhat confused on who to patronize, but suddenly, an Okada man just left the normal zone, came down closer to where I was and went back again to their normal area. I was intrigued and couldn't take my eyes off his Okada. I ended up patronizing him.

As we journeyed, I meditated on what just happened and learnt a few lessons from that action. I was at his back but he didn't know that I was analyzing many things about his actions that relates to life and business. Here were my thoughts:

1. He understood where he was- a competitive area.
Many people fail to understand this especially in business. When you're in a place where many people are doing the same thing you're doing, you should understand that you have tendencies of losing relevance because if you miss showing up, there are a thousand and one persons ready to do what you're doing.

Understand that the world is also a ground full of people with capabilities like yours and even more. An understanding of this will help you know how to distinguish yourself to be successful.

2. He distinguished himself through INNOVATION.
Innovation is what you do to make yourself and your business stand out from the crowd. Innovation is not usually something big or expensive... It can be something very little but unique. 

A client or customer will not remember you and your shop but the EXPERIENCE they had in your shop. 

So, what do you sell?
How differently do you sell it?

This Okada man had to use extra fuel and riding expertise to do a U-turn in a constrained area just to draw my attention to himself and bingo, he had me patronize him!

In this world where there are many voices, Your UNIQUENESS makes your voice Remembered and Reckoned with.

Discover and work on your uniqueness as an individual, a brand and/or business/organization, and you will see the tremendous, unique results you will receive.

Have a Pleasant Week!
Cheers!

P.S: Did you learn a different lesson from the story which i didn't mention? Tell us about it in the comment section. I want to learn from you too.

Esther Best Onyekachukwu(Nee Nwachukwu)
#Estyposh

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thank you Esther for the wonderful write up and lessons shared. Truly, daring to be different, is something that this our current dispensation is in need of. Being able to go the extra mile to achieve that goal. Being able to keep the eyes on the goal and break down every wall of limitation telling you that you can't.
    Some can call it being weird, because you alone know the goal that is set before you, and know the price you have to pay for it, to achieve it. I call it the uncommon thinking. Others may not understand it, but the fact is, they don't need to. Let your results speak, cos trust me, results sure speak better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those words. Results definitely speak better!

      Delete